The second prompt for January is 20 facts about me. This is pretty much up my alley, since I can write about my favorite subject. Me. Of course!
1. I have a male best friend. I know! I know! According to Harry Burns women and men can never be friends, but it’s absolutely possible. Especially when neither of us has the physical attributes the other finds attractive. Don’t get me wrong, he’s a great guy, and he’ll make some girl very happy, but it ain’t me.
2. I have no tact. I try. Really, I do. It’s hard to keep my mouth shut when something annoys, angers, aggravates, or astounds me.
3. I enjoy alliteration.
4. Boom! I also like a well placed onomatopoeia.
5. I love cooking. Just not when it’s expected of me. I like to experiment with recipes, but my children are too picky, so I can’t.
6. I’m a Sagittarius. Actually, I’m double Sagittarius with Gemini rising. I don’t believe in the horoscope portion of the zodiac, like I don’t read it everyday, but personality-wise, it’s pretty spot on.
7. The oxford comma makes me happy, gleeful, and giddy.
8. I have an unhealthy addiction to social media. I’ve basically quit cold turkey, and it’s killing me slowly. Facebook had all of my “real life” friends, so now I never know what anyone is up to. Instagram fueled the attention whore in me. I was a self-appointed “selfie queen”. Twitter was my cup of tea, because most of my thoughts during the day are 140 characters or less. Unfortunately, I am a huge flirt. I’m also slightly inappropriate, and have boundary issues. This puts a dent in my personal relationships (i.e. my marriage).
9. I have a fairly decent memory. I can remember the most random details. Don’t ask me to repeat your name 5 minutes after I meet you, though.
10. I am in my 3rd cancer free year.
11. I love to read, but I haven’t found anything that has sparked my interest lately, so I return to the classics.
12. I’m not a big drinker. I used to be. Now, when I drink, I usually get sick, or can’t catch a buzz. There is no in between. This makes me sad.
13. I was in drill team in high school. Sometimes I still do 8 counts in my head while listening to music.
14. I love all styles of music. Except rap. Unless it’s old school gangsta rap. I’ll listen to Public Enemy, NWA, and Tupac all day errday.
15. I am a makeup junkie. I live by the rule “They’re not the same, they’re similar”.
16. Feminism confuses me. On one hand, yes, I think women and men should be treated fairly. On the other, we should understand that women and men will never be equal, because we are two very different sexes with different capabilities. The rest is a matter of respect.
17. I haven’t worked full time in 11 years.
18. I love all things 50’s kitsch. Clothing, jewelry, shoes, underpinnings, and furniture.
19. I am sarcastic by nature, and feel my greatest accomplishment in life is passing that on to my children.
20. I’m a klutz. I can trip over my own feet at a complete standstill on a windless day. Mystery bruises are a daily occurrence.